Professional Cookery Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This is a high quality, prestigious learning and development programme, valued by employers. Apprentices will develop their skills, knowledge and competence required to become a kitchen professional in such job roles as: Craft Chef (fine dining), Kitchen Assistant or Team Member (casual dining or restaurants, hotels and gastro pubs) or Commis Chef.
This Apprenticeship programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following components:
1. Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery - (competence)
2. Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery) - (knowledge)
Units within the Level 2 Certificate include:
- Safe, hygienic and secure working environments in hospitality
- Effective teamwork
- Principles of maintaining, handling and cleaning knives
- Food safety in catering
There are further units that are required to be taken dependent upon the job role and organisation the apprentice is in.
3. Functional Skills in English and Maths (Level 1) - if required
4. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) - mapped into NVQ Diploma
None. Suitability to the Apprenticeship programme will be established via a pre-course discussion with a sector specific Business Trainer.
The Level 2 NVQ is assessed in the workplace via observations, collection of evidence, witness testimonies and professional discussions.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.