Physics A Level at Highbury College
This qualification can be studied alongside other AS/A Levels or a vocational qualification and will enable you to develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles of physics.
AS Level Units:
- Unit 1 – Mechanics: Motion; Forces in action; Work and energy.
- Unit 2 – Electrons, Waves and Photons: Electric current; Resistance; DC Circuits; Waves; Quantum Physics.
- Unit 3 – Practical Skills.
A Level Units:
- Unit 4 – The Newtonian World: Newton’s Laws and momentum; Circular Motion and Oscillations; Thermal Physics.
- Unit 5 – Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics: Electric and Magnetic Fields; Capacitors and Exponential Decay; Nuclear Physics; Medical Imaging; Modelling the Universe.
- Unit 6 – Practical Skills
You will have 5 GCSEs at C or above, including Maths, Grade B and Double Science with Physics at Grade B.
You will learn through taught sessions, practical investigations, coursework and self-directed study.
As part of the assessment you will complete external assessments of between 60 and 105 minutes each as well as coursework assessment.
A Level Physics is one of the most valuable qualifications for university science degrees and will help you in any technological or scientific career.
Successful completion of the AS is needed to progress to the A Level units.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.