Creative Digital Media Production Level Two BTEC First Extended Certificate at East Riding College
This course aims to teach the fundamentals of research skills which underpin all media production; a basic understanding of employment opportunities, job requirements and working practices in the media industry; and an understanding of how media products are constructed for specific audiences or markets.
- Digital media sectors and audiences (external exam)
- Planning and pitching a digital media product
- Media Industry in context (external exam)
Optional Specialist Units:
- Digital moving image production
- Digital audio production
- Website production
- Digital games production
- Digital editing for moving image
- Digital audio editing
- Graphic design for digital media
- Digital audio mixing
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above including English, or equivalent qualifications
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
- A qualification related to media would be desirable
- An initial assessment
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter.Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
Successful learners who gain a distinction or a high merit can progress onto the Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production (Interactive Media), Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production (Games Development) Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production (TV and Film), or an equivalent level three qualification.
The course prepares you for employment in roles such as a junior web developer or television production assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.