Military Preparation BTEC Level 2 Certificate at Bridgwater College
- This course is designed to prepare you physically and mentally to embark on a military career.
- This is suitable for students who are in the application process or who are considering applying for a military career through an Armed Forces Careers Office.
The course will be a practical and theoretical based course designed to develop military skills and knowledge, including teamwork, leadership, fieldcraft and navigation. To achieve the Certificate you will study a selection of BTEC units which may include the following:
- Teamwork & Communication
- Land Navigation by Map & Compass
- Improving Health & Fitness in Uniformed Organisation
- Developing Citizenship through Uniformed Youth Organisation
- Maintaining Health & Wellbeing in the field
- Self Reliance in a fieldcraft environment
- Preparation for expedition
- Ceremonial Drill & Parade Training
You will be given the opportunity to achieve additional qualifications alongside your main course. These will include qualifications in Personal Potential, Functional skills English and Maths, it can also include more specialist awards that are relevant to the subject you are studying which could include first aid.
The course is based on continual assessment with each of the BTEC units. The assessments will vary from individual, group, theory and practical work.
- No formal qualifications required.
- Successful interview.
The course is based on continual assessment with each of the BTEC units being graded The assessments will vary from individual written work to group presentations and practical assessments.
- On successful completion of the course you will have reached the required fitness levels and standards required to pass entry tests for any service.
- Progression to a Level 3 course at Bridgwater College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.