Physics A level at Carnforth High School
This is a two year course comprising AS Physics in the first year followed in year two by the full A Level.
- Module 1—Development of practical skills in Physics
- Module 2—Foundations of Physics
- Module 3—Forces and motion
- Module 4—Electrons, waves and photons
- Module 5—Newtonian world and astrophysics
- Module 6—Particles and medical Physics
5 A*-Cs at GCSE including GCSE English and/or Mathematics.
Grade B in GCSE Core and Additional Science, or Grade B in GCSE Physics
Both components assess content from all four modules
- assesses content from modules 1,2,3 and 5. 100 marks, 2hr 15 min 37% of A Level
- assesses content from modules 1,2,4 and 6. 100 marks, 2hrs 15 min 37% of A Level
- assesses content from all modules. 70 marks 1hr 30 mins, 26% of A Level
- A Level Physics Revision Guide
- Stationery plus a scientific calculator
- Internet access
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carnforth High School directly.