Dementia Care CG Certificate Level 3 at London Learning Consortium
This training will provide delegates with knowledge of the neurology of dementia to support the understanding of how individuals may experience dementia. It is suitable for support staff working in the health and social care sector and has a particular relevance for those working with older service users, including those working with stages of pre-senile dementia.
The training will also include the following content:
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of a variety of dementias
- Understand the difficulties and challenges faced by people with dementia and identify the best ways to support them.
- Empathise with people experiencing dementia
- Feel more confident when working with service users who have a dementia
- Have the knowledge and skills to enhance the quality of life of people with dementias
Delegates will put together a portfolio of work products, (including observation of workplace practice) which will be marked by the assessor, internally verified by the IV before certification is awarded via City & Guilds.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact London Learning Consortium directly.