Business - BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Extended Certificate at Sir William Ramsay School
Students who take a BTEC First Extended Certificate in Business are those who have a keen interest in business and how it operates. They enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experience and want to find out more about business through personal research and investigation.
The course allows students to gain essential skills through a series of task based research projects that will give a key insight into the working world and the world of business and commerce.
Students will study a number of units over 360 guided learning hours covering topics such as:
- Enterprise in the Business World - coursework
- Finance for Business - on-screen test, externally assessed, exam conditions
- Principles of Marketing - examined, externally assessed, exam conditions
- Promoting a Brand - coursework
- Principles of Customer Service - coursework
Students are required to have a GCSE in English and Maths at grade D or above and a keen interest in the world of business.
Students successful on this course could progress to a BTEC Level 3 National or equivalent ‘A’ level study. Other students may wish to seek employment in the business sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir William Ramsay School directly.