Fine Art AS at Harris Academy Battersea
The AS Fine Art allow for the students to become a specialist in areas of art that they want to study and learn more about. Students will have the opportunity to explore materials and artist in depth, learn new technologies and ways to work. The course offers new ways to see, think and allow for the individual to develop personally and encourages independent thinking.
Enrichment opportunities include: Workshops, Gallery visits, Artists in Residence, Own Exhibitions.
Students often study English, Media, Maths, Humanities and other Arts subjects.
- The Formal Elements, Skills Building, and Understanding Art & Artists
- One key project over 5 months, titles in the past have included Disguise, Isolation and Journey
- Portfolios include Journey book, sketchbook and larger works
- Final Unit 1 piece 10 hours
Students must have a B grade in Art GCSE, We will consider portfolios if a students did not study GCSE.
Examination Board: WJEC
- Internally marked and externally moderated
- Assessed on four assessment objects that are consistent through the course and an assessment matrix
- Undergraduate study/ foundation courses
- Photo Journalism
- Creative publisher
- Interior Design
- Graphic Design
What our students say:
‘’Art is quite challenging. It allows you to begin to develop and understand art, thinking and seeing very differently. You study about a variety of approaches in art and then decide on what you want to specialise in – I’m a painter!
Since studying art I try new thing, definitely am much more of an independent thinker and more experimental. ‘’
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harris Academy Battersea directly.