Vehicle Maintenance Level 1 (Bicester) at Banbury and Bicester College
Develop your skills in motor vehicle servicing with a hands-on course that gives you all the basics. The course combines practical skills and theory so you can build on your enthusiasm and make good progress in your motor vehicle training.
You learn the basic knowledge to progress towards the minimum qualifications or skill levels required for entry into industry.
Topics covered are:
• engine lubrication
• engine cooling
• fuel and exhaust systems
• spark ignition systems
• electrical systems
• braking systems
• transmission systems
• steering and suspension systems
• wheel and tyre systems
• bench fitting
• contribute to workplace good housekeeping
• introduction to vehicle technology and workshop methods and processes
• basic routine vehicle maintenance
This Level 1 award builds on the entry level units and allows you to broaden your practical skills.
You are assessed by practical and job knowledge assessment on the different units of the course.
Applicants for a level 1 programme will normally have:
• a strong interest in their chosen programme of study
• the commitment to work towards improving English and maths as part of the programme
• the ability to discuss past experiences of education and future ambitions in an interview
Applicants will be invited to attend an interview and complete an internal assessment. All students will have their literacy and numeracy needs supported within the programme.
This course prepares you for employment as a work-based learner (apprentice) in the motor trade or further full-time study in motor vehicle.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Banbury and Bicester College directly.