Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Level 2 Apprenticeship at Somerset College
This Apprenticeship can be taken at Level 2 or an Advanced Apprenticeship at Level 3.
Level 2 modules include:
- Contribute to good housekeeping
- Remove and replace non-structural body parts and components
- Prepare and apply foundation materials
- Prepare vehicles to accept foundation coats
Level 3 modules include:
- Diagnose and rectify vehicle engine and component faults
- Diagnose and rectify vehicle chassis system faults
- Diagnose and rectify auxiliary equipment
- Electrical faults
- Contribute to workplace good housekeeping
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health & Safety
- Maintain positive working relationships
- College entrants will be 16 years of age or over and have at least four GCSEs at grade E or above.
- College interview and initial assessment.
The course is assessed through a combination of online assessments, college-based assignments and short-answer tests. Demonstration of practical competence in a variety of relevant tasks will also be required.
You could progress on to our HNC, Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) or Foundation Degree Engineering (Automotive Engineering).
You could find employment as a motor vehicle technician or progress into management or associated industries such as government organisations like VOSA.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somerset College directly.