Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Level 1 at Southampton City College
This course enables you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression within the Automotive Sector. It covers the skills necessary for progression into Light and/or Heavy Vehicle (Truck and Bus) Maintenance and Repair.
- Cooling and lubrication
- Steering and suspension
- Braking, lighting and spark ignition fuel systems
- Routine maintenance and Valeting
- Health and safety
- Principles of component fitting
- Petrol and Diesel engines
- Wheels, tyres and exhausts
- Basic electrics
- GCSEs grade D or below, or
- Entry level certificate
- Level 2 in Motor Vehicle
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.