Accessibility links

Art and Design at Longcroft School

Course description

The course is made up of one coursework unit and one exam unit. The coursework unit has a broad overarching theme which encourages and guides the development of Art and Design skills using a range of materials, techniques and processes. Students are encouraged to develop a personal approach, including a thoughtful analysis of the work of others as well as their own individual development. The course also includes visits to Art Galleries and Museums in order to collect research and see Art first hand. The coursework unit makes up 60% of the final AS grade. The exam unit consists of a ten hour exam in which students produce their final outcome, following an eight week preparatory period. The exam unit makes up the other 40% of the AS grade.

Entry requirements

5 GCSEs grade C or above including one in Art and Design, plus a genuine interest in Art and a desire to learn new skills, ideas and concepts within the field of Art and Design.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Longcroft School directly.

Last updated date: 17 June 2014

Key information

  • Start date: Next September
  • Duration: 2 Years

Venues