ESOL (16-18) at Kirklees College, Dewsbury Centre
On the course, you will:
- improve your English, maths and ICT skills,
- work towards personal social development,
- receive course, pastoral and careers guidance,
- access vocational taster courses where possible.
You will learn through:
- individual and group tutorials,
- whole class, small group and individual activities in lessons,
- vocational taster courses,
- visits, visiting speakers and other work-related activities.
You will study:
- personal social development,
- enrichment activities.
- For people with English as a second language.
- 16-18 years old with a positive commitment to learning.
You will have an initial assessment to make sure this is the right level and type of course for you.
You will have an initial assessment for English, maths and ICT, and complete nationally recognised qualifications, assessed through exam and coursework.
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.