Level 2 Young Peoples Workforce at Hereford Academy
The course will be based on a combination of practical activities in work placements and also some theory based learning within Post 16. This includes at least one day per week attending a work placement within the Childcare Industry.
It will require students to provide robust evidence of learning through a variety of different means.
There are 13 mandatory units which students need to complete. These mandatory units will give students a total credit of 31. Students need to complete a further 4 credits from optional units to achieve a minimum of 35 credits.
Mandatory Units :
• Introduction to communication in health, social care or children and young people's settings
• Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children and young people's settings.
• Child and young person development
• Contribute to the support of child and young person development
• Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
• Contribute to children and young people's health and safety
• Support positive children and young people's behaviour
• Contribute to the support of the positive environments for children and young people
• Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
• Paediatric emergency first aid
• Managing paediatric illness and injury
• Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
Students will be observed in the workplace and they will need to demonstrate that they are competent. In addition to workplace learning, students will attend College on day release to gain the underpinning knowledge and theory for the qualification.
The course has assignments which students have to complete. Students will have to obtain a pass for all the assessment criteria in the units, in order to obtain a pass in the qualification. In addition to this there will be work placement and homework task that will need to be completed by the deadlines set.
3 x GCSEs grade D or below
BTEC First Certificate or equivalent.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hereford Academy directly.