IB French/Spanish AB Initio at Broadgreen International School
There are five assessment objectives for the language ab initio course. Students will be assessed on their ability to:
1. Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the intercultural elements related to the prescribed topics
2. Communicate clearly and effectively in a range of situations
3. Understand and use accurately the basic structures of the language
4. Understand and use an appropriate range of vocabulary
5. Use a register and a format that are appropriate to the situation.
The language ab initio course is organised into three themes.
• Individual and society
• Leisure and work
• Urban and rural environment
Each theme has a list of topics that provide the students with opportunities to practise and explore the language as well as to develop intercultural understanding. Through the development of receptive, productive and interactive skills, students should be able to respond and interact appropriately in a defined range of everyday situations.
The language ab initio course is designed for students with little or no prior experience of the language they wish to study.
Higher Education (University)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Broadgreen International School directly.