Level 3 Networking and Systems Support at Gateshead College
IT networking and technical support is a major part of all large companies. This exciting study programme is for you if you are looking to enhance your opportunities to gain employment in the IT industry as a network or IT technician.
You will gain the skills and knowledge to be competent in supporting ICT systems and business users of IT in the workplace.
You should have a basic knowledge of PC systems either through use of your computer at home or the subjects you have studied at school.
You can choose to specialise in the following pathways:
- Networking & systems support
- Networking & telecoms
- Networking & information security
You will complete the following commercial projects set by our employer partners:
- Project 1 - Specify and Build a computer system
- Project 2 - Design and Build a Network
- Project 3 – Secure a Network
- Project 4 – Providing IT Technical Support
- Mentoring Scheme: Along with this you will be part of an employer based mentoring scheme where you will work with a mentor from a local business to help improve your skills further.
- English and maths: We look at what you can do when you join us and then we’ll put a programme together which best meets your needs and aspirations. This might mean working towards a pre-GCSE qualification or towards an A*-C grade in GCSE English and maths and, if you’ve already achieved this, you’ll continue to build on your skills in these subjects.
- Work Experience: Relevant and high quality work experience placementsare an important part of your study programme.
4 GCSEs grade C or above or equivalent, ideally including maths and English.
You could progress into a role as IT Technical Support, Network technician, Network Administration, Network Security Digital Forensics or Telecoms.
Past students have gained employment with The Cairn Hotel Group, HMRC, Ponteland School and ITPS and progressed to universities such as Northumbria, Sunderland, Leeds, Liverpool and Teesside.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.