Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery at Chesterfield College
You will learn how to:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Critical to a chef, learn how to maintain , handle and clean knives
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare a variety of meats for basic dishes
We base our courses on employment needs of the region. Therefore, you can expect to learn topics that are relevant to the industry. Your course will be made up of a mixture of core modules, that are essential to the course requirements, and units that you can choose to specialize in yourself. You'll be guided by your tutor on which units to choose that will best suit you. You will learn how to:-Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment-Critical to a chef, learn how to maintain , handle and clean knives-Work effectively as part of a team-Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food-Prepare a variety of meats for basic dishes
If you already have a basic understanding of cookery and would like to pursue a career in the industry further this is the course for you. You'll need to hold a Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to the hospitality Industry or NVQ L 1 Certificate Food Preparation & Cooking, or have experience of working in the industry to Commi Chef Level.
Yes dependant on your circumstances
Level 3 courses, Employment, Professional Qualifications, Higher Apprenticeships
• Where costs are quoted in this document they are correct at the time of publication, but may be changed• Timetables are given as an indication only, these may vary• Weeks shown are the maximum number expected• The formation of a class is conditional
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.