Apprenticeship Standard Hospitality Supervisor at Cambridge Regional College
A hospitality supervisor can operate in a range of functions across a business, this may be Food & beverage Service, Front office, Housekeeping, Concierge or Events and is likely to appeal to an apprentice who has a clear career path in mind after working in one or more of the occupations.
You will learn to demonstrate understanding and knowledge of:
• Business - vision and values, targets, financial operations, operating procedures, products/services, technology, legislation.
• People & Leadership - motivate, communicate, organise your team to meet business targets and customers' needs; identify different leadership styles.
• Customers - build customer profiles, and support marketing and sales.
You will learn the following skills:
• Business - operational procedures, budget control, supervision of services and processes, identify and isolate matters of concern, use technology efficiently.
• People - plan, resource, organise and support team, set objectives, communicate effectively.
• Customers - co-ordinate team to deliver customer needs / experience, implement sales and marketing strategies, promote brand.
You will learn the following behaviours:
Understand and demonstrate the behaviours required to meet the needs of customers, the business and team members at supervisor/team leader level.
This Level 3 qualification is for people in a variety of Hospitality establishments with at least 2 years recent experience. To enrol, you MUST be employed over 30 hours per week in a salon, to start an Apprenticeship, please contact us should you need help in finding suitable employment. Apprentices are paid a wage by the employer. Your employer is required to give you a contract of employment, which will include holiday entitlement and all other benefits. You will also need to have achieved the NVQ Level 2 in Hospitality or equivalent and be currently employed in a suitable catering environment for 30 hours per week. Your job role should provide you with the opportunities for a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Entry onto the L3 Apprenticeship Framework or standard requires 2 x C Grades / 2 x Grade 4 or above in Maths and EnglishWe currently offer pre apprenticeship courses for applicants, in Maths and English, to support learners wishing improve their grades to meet the entry criteria. Learners should have secured employment.All applicants will be interviewed- this includes maths and English skills scan, a trade test and a formal interview
This qualification is delivered at college for 1 day per week and reinforced and developed in the workplace. This will provide the skills set, knowledge-based elements of the Apprenticeship, Values and Behaviours, Functional Skills and meet the 20% off the job training.
Level 3 apprentices will be assessed to the Apprenticeship standard using a variety of assessment methods:
There are three stages of assessment:
- On-programme stage - observations with supplementary evidence
- Gateway stage - successful completion of the skills and knowledge, values and behaviours, functional skills and training hours
- End-point assessment. A practical workplace observation - duration 4 hours. A professional discussion, business project plus an on line examination.
Functional skills is delivered and assessed in block weeks at college, with flexibility, relating to the service industry sector.
We are committed to providing financial support to learners where it is available. We would actively encourage you to enquire about possible financial support as soon as you can. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a contribution towards College costs such as kit, equipment, residential fees, meals, childcare etc. Enquiries can be made to email@example.com
Our Hospitality Apprenticeships provides apprentices with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to be an effective Hospitality Supervisor. It is suitable for those working in a variety of businesses including restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels and contract caterers.
We would encourage you to visit one of our Cambridge Regional College Open Days:
Huntingdon: Thursday 7th February 2019 9:30am-12:30pm
Cambridge: Saturday 9th February 2019 9:30am-12:30pm
Cambridge: Wednesday 3rd April 2019 4:30pm-7:30pm
Huntingdon: Thursday 2nd May 2019 4:30pm-7:30pm
Cambridge: Thursday 13th June 2019 4:30pm-7:30pm
Huntingdon: Saturday 15th June 9:30am-12:30pm
If you need any more information about any of our courses, please request a copy of our full-time prospectus or contact our Information & Advice Team on 01223 226315.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply online via UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership application form (depending on your school). Please ask your careers teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a college Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you at the College soon!
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.