Level 3 in Travel & Tourism at Cambridge Regional College
This course will appeal to those students who:
• have a keen interest in travel and tourism
• enjoy practical situations
• want to find out more about the subject through personal investigation
• are interested in developing an understanding of travel organisations, the markets they serve and how to deal with customers effectively.
• want to study a course that is active and enjoyable
• wish to move on to a related career or Higher Education course.
The BTEC Diploma and Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism is made up of a variety of units they may include those listed below:
• Investigating Travel and Tourism.
• The Business of Travel and Tourism.
• Customer Service.
• UK Travel and Tourism Destinations.
• Long Haul destinations.
• Retail Travel operations.
• Investigating the Cruise Industry.
Please note - units are subject to change.
Compulsory residential activities to develop team work and practical skills are an integral part of the course. There is an additional cost of £300 to cover these trips as well as covering costs of day trips or residentials and guest speakers. This charge is to be paid at enrolment and is non-refundable. The Learner Support Fund is available and could help assist in paying towards these fees.
The offer on the course is subject to the successful attendance of a Welcome Event and Taster Day.
You will need minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades 9 - 4 (A* - C), including English, or BTEC L2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism/NVQ2 Intermediate with portfolio of evidence and GCSE English or Maths (or their equivalents) at Grade 4 (C) or above.
You should have a lively and enquiring mind, an interest in travel and tourism, a willingness to explore new ideas and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively. All applicants are subject to interview.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
All units are assessed through portfolio work.
Along side your main programme of study, you will also gain qualifications in:
• Introduction to Air Cabin Crew
Those learners 19+ at the time of starting additional courses a registration fee will be charged.
Completion of these qualifications will increase your chances of being offered an interview with employers in the industry.
During your time on the course you will have the chance to attend extra residential activities.
We are committed to providing financial support to learners where it is available. We would actively encourage you to enquire about possible financial support as soon as you can. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a contribution towards College costs such as kit, equipment, residential fees, meals, childcare etc. Enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
A BTEC Diploma is equivalent to 2 A Level passes at grades 9 to 2, BTEC Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A Level passes at grade 9 to 2. Students with a BTEC Diploma and Extended Diploma Travel and Tourism have access to a wider range of career and Higher Education opportunities, such as university degree courses.
* gain a broad understanding of the travel and tourism industry
* have an opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way
* follow a programme of study that enables progression to both Higher Education and employment in travel
* develop key skills that are highly valued by employers and Higher Education
* gain confidence by developing independent learning skills.
If you need any more information about any of our courses, please request a copy of our full-time prospectus or contact our Information & Advice Team on 01223 226315.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply online via UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership application form (depending on your school). Please ask your careers teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a college Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you at the College soon!
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.