Apprenticeship Standard Hospitality Team Member at Cambridge Regional College
A hospitality team member can operate in a range of functions across a business.
You will learn to demonstrate understanding and knowledge in the following areas:
• The hospitality industry - culture, behaviours, job roles.
• Customers - profiles, needs, and expectations.
• Business - vision and values, competitors, products/services, technology, legislation, environmental impact.
• People - communication, team support and influence, assisting line manager.
You will learn the following skills:
• Customers - rapport and excellent customer service.
• Business - positively promote business, handle transactions, communicate product/service information, using technology and comply with legislation.
• People - excellent communication, team support, and planning.
You will learn the following behaviours:
• Understand and demonstrate the behaviours required to meet the needs of customers, the business and team members.
This Level 2 qualification is for people who wish to start a career in Hospitality. To enrol, you MUST be employed over 30 hours per week in a suitable establishment to start an Apprenticeship, please contact us should you need help in finding suitable employment. Apprentices are paid a wage by the employer. Your employer is required to give you a contract of employment, which will include holiday entitlement and all other benefits. Your job role should provide you with the learning and assessment opportunities for the Hospitality Team Member Standard. Entry onto the L2 Apprenticeship Framework or standard requires 2 x D Grades / 2 x Grade 3 or above in Maths and EnglishWe currently offer pre apprenticeship courses for applicants, in Maths and English, to support learners wishing improve their grades to the entry criteria. Learners should have secured employment.All applicants will be interviewed- this includes maths and English skills scan, a trade test and a formal interview
This qualification is delivered at college for 1 day per week and reinforced and developed in the workplace. This will provide the skills set and knowledge-based elements of the Apprenticeship, Values and Behaviours, Functional Skills and meet the 20% off the job training.
There are three stages of assessment:
1. On-programme stage - observations and on line knowledge exams
2. Gateway stage - successful completion of the skills and knowledge, values and behaviours, functional skills and training hours
3. End-point assessment. Multiple-choice test, two-hour External Examiner practical observation, business project, and a professional discussion.
Functional skills is delivered and assessed in block weeks at college, with flexibility, relating to the service industry sector
We are committed to providing financial support to learners where it is available. We would actively encourage you to enquire about possible financial support as soon as you can. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a contribution towards College costs such as kit, equipment, residential fees, meals, childcare etc. Enquiries can be made to email@example.com
Progression onto the Hospitality Supervisor Standard. Suitable Job Roles may include: barista, food & beverage service, food preparation, housekeeping, concierge and guest services, reception, reservations, banqueting and conferencing, and hospitality supervisor / team leader.
We would encourage you to visit one of our Cambridge Regional College Open Days:
Huntingdon: Thursday 7th February 2019 9:30am-12:30pm
Cambridge: Saturday 9th February 2019 9:30am-12:30pm
Cambridge: Wednesday 3rd April 2019 4:30pm-7:30pm
Huntingdon: Thursday 2nd May 2019 4:30pm-7:30pm
Cambridge: Thursday 13th June 2019 4:30pm-7:30pm
Huntingdon: Saturday 15th June 9:30am-12:30pm
If you need any more information about any of our courses, please request a copy of our full-time prospectus or contact our Information & Advice Team on 01223 226315.
Students who currently attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school should apply online via UCASprogress.com or by using the Cambridge Area Partnership application form (depending on your school). Please ask your careers teacher at school.
Once we have received your application, you will be invited to attend a college Welcome Event, which gives you and your parents/carers the opportunity to have a look around the College, talk to the tutors and ask any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you at the College soon!
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.