Civil Engineering Services Diploma Level 2 at City Skills Centre - Salford City College
Have you ever thought about a career as a construction civil engineer? In an industry that's always in need of skilled, qualified trade persons and currently unable to meet demand, this Diploma in Civil Engineering is designed to give you the foundations for a successful career in construction.
You'll learn what it takes to succeed as a civil engineer in this modern, challenging industry, developing a variety of skills and techniques around brickwork, blockwork, block paving and general maintenance with a strong focus on important aspects like health, safety and welfare in the construction industry.
You will learn about:
- Drainage systems
- Constructing foundations
- Block paving
- Flagging and paving
- Constructing stud partitions
- Structural brickwork such as retaining walls, garden walls, brick planters, reinforced brickwork and blockwork, barbecues.
You could then go on to learn about:
- Constructing inspection chambers and manholes
- Casting insulated flooring systems
- Constructing arches
- Constructing decorative panels
- Constructing contrasting brickwork and decorative courses
- Constructing curved brickwork both on plan and elevantion
- Constructing chimneys and flues
You will also learn employability skills
The course will be assessed through practical projects, plus a portfolio of evidence and online examinations
On completion of the course you can go directly into employment or progress to further training such as an Apprenticeship, NVQs or higher level construction qualifications in supervision and management and professional construction
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.