Dry Lining Apprenticeship level 2 at Sheffield College
This apprenticeship will train you to work on a construction site or domestic and commercial premises installing dry finishes such as plasterboard and wall board to given specifications; fixed and joined together ready to receive decorative finishes.
The whole programme takes from 18 to 24 months to complete. You will mainly learn on the job, but the apprenticeship also includes 20% off-the-job training.
You will spend four days a week working with you on site as a trainee and the other one day a week in College building their skills and knowledge. Whilst at College, you will receive training to cover the technical diploma units of the qualification.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principle of building construction, information and communication
- Install suspended ceiling systems
- Install partitions Install wall linings and encasement systems
- Fix sheet materials using direct bond method
- Apply taping & jointing systems to plasterboard
- Understand specialist systems for dry lining and interiors laying sand and cement screeds
The technical diploma is assessed through unit theory tests and practical end tests carried out in the College’s workshop.
For the NVQ, assessment involves building a portfolio of evidence gathered in the workplace which demonstrates that you have covered the range of skills required. We will support you with regular one-to-one visits by a trained assessor every six to eight weeks. These visits will cover one-to-one support and individual learning, as well as observations to assess your competencies in the workplace and a review of your portfolio of evidence.
4 GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English Langauge and Maths
Work-based assessments throughout the course and theory and practical tests at College
At the end of your apprenticeship, you will be able to work as a competent dry liner and should be in a position to develop more advanced skills.
You could progress onto the following courses
• NVQ in Interior Systems - Dry Lining Level 3 • Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction & the Built Environment Level 3
Successful completion of this course enables learners to apply for the CSCS Blue Skilled Worker card.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.