BTEC Level 2 Diploma: Public Services at Loughborough College
This course is for those wanting a career in the uniformed public services, including the Police, Army, Navy, Royal Marines, or Fire and Rescue Services. This course is the equivalent of four GCSEs at grade C or above and can act as a progression route to Level 3 courses and then to Higher Education.
You will study a range of units from the following:
- Public Service Skills
- Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
- Career Planning in the Public Services
- Improving Health and Fitness for Entry into the Public Services
- Adventurous Activities
- Expedition and Land Navigation
- Map and Compass Skills
You will be assessed through a range of practical activities, projects, short tasks, and presentations, as well as written, work-based assignments to test your knowledge, skills, and understanding.
- At least four GCSEs at grade D, including English and Maths.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and will be required before going into employment.
Successful completion of this course will enhance your chance of progressing on to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Public Services at Loughborough College. The direction you choose could be towards a uniformed or non-uniformed public service career.
This course can also act as a stepping stone to a range of careers not necessarily related to the public services, such as in the sport or business sectors.
To find out more about this qualification, come and visit us at one of ourOpen Days at Loughborough College or contact us at StudentRecruitment@loucoll.ac.uk.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.