BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: Public Services at Loughborough College
If you are considering a career in any of the uniformed services at officer or technical trade level, this course is for you. It offers an excellent opportunity to make an informed choice about a leadership career in the Police, Fire, and Ambulance Services, Army, Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Royal Air Force, Prison Service, Security Organisations, HM Customs and Exiles, or the Merchant Navy.
There are over 18 modules covered on the course, including:
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
- Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- Physical Preparation for the Public Services
- Fitness Testing for the Uniformed Public Services
- Career Planning
- Leadership and Team Work
- Instructing Physical Activity
The course is assessed continually through a range of practical, hands-on activities, including role play, observations, presentations, posters, brochures, and written essay work.
- At least five GCSEs a grade C or above, including English and Maths
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and will be required before going into employment
Successful completion of the course will enhance your chance of entry into a uniformed service but cannot guarantee entry as this is subject to you meeting separate entry requirements.
You can also use this course to progress on to an HND course, a Foundation Degree, or a bachelor's degree.
The course can also act as a stepping stone to a range of careers not necessarily related to the uniformed services but which require you to be educated to A Level-standard.
To find out more about this qualification, come and visit us at one of ourOpen Days at Loughborough College or contact us at StudentRecruitment@loucoll.ac.uk.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.