Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations at East Sussex College
This course will build on your previously gained skills and give you a natural progression route to becoming a qualified electrician.
During this advanced course you will take your learning and skills to the next level as you learn key skills in inspecting, testing and correcting electrical systems and equipment faults. You will gain a thorough understanding of health and safety, electrical science and principle, as well as legislation in the industry paying particular attention to the BS7671: 2008 wiring regulations (which incorporate the 2015 amendment). There will also be an opportunity to develop your English, maths, science and employability skills during the year.
- Electrical Installation Planning, Preparing and Designing
- Legislation, practices and principles of environmental technology systems
- Electrical Installation Craft Skills
- Inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electro technical systems and equipment
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electro technical systems
- Electrical Science and Principles
- Requirements of BS7671: 2008 ‘2015’ and its application to electrical installations
You will need a minimum of: Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations or Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology
You will be assessed by short computer-based tests, practical assessment of tasks and assignments made up of 30% practical, 25% coursework and 45% exams.
There will be a cost of approximately £100 to cover the cost of materials, licences and the upkeep of equipment. You will also need to provide your own safety boots and overalls.
Once you have successfully completed this course you could progress onto an Apprenticeship or degree level course here at the University Centre Hastings.
You may choose to start your career and work as a Contracted electrician, in the Armed Forces as an electrical engineer, as an Internal data installer, or as an Electro-mechanical engineer.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.