Level 3 Diploma Interactive Content: Games, Virtual Reality & VFX at East Sussex College
You will use your interest in computing, media, games, and animation to learn advanced skills in how to create virtual content and visual effects.
Over the course of the programme you will learn aspects of graphic design, content capture, video editing and special effects, computer game design, web design and animation. You will become familiar with video and audio editing software, and master image manipulation and adobe programmes for editing still imagery. You’ll then be able to set your creativity free while designing and building your own websites, mini-games, interactive videos and Virtual Reality content.
During the course you will focus on a number of topics including:
- Understanding video technology
- Soundtrack production for the moving image
- Interactive media design
- Digital video production for interactive content
- Sound in interactive content and computer games
- Computer Game Engines
- Computer Game Story Development
- Human-computer Interfaces for Computer games
- Principles of software design and development
- Web animation for interactive media
- Image manipulation using computer applications
- Computers in Art and Design, Interactive Media Authoring.
You will need a minimum of: 4 GCSE's A*-C or Equivalent Qualification including Maths and English.
Your assessments will be carried out through a range of different assignments and coursework tasks.
Once you have successfully completed this course you could progress onto university courses to study Digital Content, Moving Image, or Software Development subjects. Or you may wish to start an apprenticeship or find full-time employment in the Interactive Content sector or Creative sector in general.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.