Hair, beauty and holistics - VTCT NVQ in Beauty Therapy (massage route) level 3 at Kirklees College, Dewsbury Centre
This course specialises in developing skills necessary to work in the world of film, television and theatre.
The qualification covers basic hairdressing techniques and specific media make-up skills.
You will learn to:
• Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
• The art of dressing hair
• The art of colouring hair
• Plaiting and twisting hair
• Applying make-up
• The art of photographic make-up
• Applying skin tanning techniques
• Eyelash and brow treatments
• Salon health and safety practice
• Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
The purchase of a make-up kit is essential for this course. Personal appearance must reflect industry standards.
GCSE English grade 3 and maths grade 2 or above. Successful completion of your current studies. You should demonstrate an interest or knowledge of hairdressing and beauty industries and be keen to progress in them.
• Observations of practical ability
• Photographs of work
• Treatment plans
• Written assignments
• External tests
• Mood boards
• On line learning
• Portfolio completion
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
A holistic therapies course, such as aromatherapy, reflexology and Indian head massage or a degree.
You could enter employment in the beauty industry.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.