Travel and Tourism BTEC at Gildredge House
The course consists of four mandatory units plus five optional units that provide a combined total of 90 credits.
- Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector (10 Credits)
- The Business of Travel and Tourism (10 Credits)
- The UK as a Destination (10 Credits)
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism (10 Credits)
Optional Units could include:
- Marketing Travel and Tourism Products and Services (10 Credits)
- Preparing for employment in Travel and Tourism (10 Credits)
- European Destinations (10 Credits)
- Long Haul Destinations (10 Credits)
- Responsible Tourism (10 Credits)
- Work experience in the Travel and Tourism sector (10 credits)
There will be regular assessments throughout the course to demonstrate learning. Assignments will be a mixture of practical and written tasks.
Why would this course suit me?
This course is designed to support you if you are interested in learning about the Travel and Tourism industry alongside other fields of study, with a view to progressing to a wide range of higher education courses, not necessarily in Travel and Tourism related subjects. This course is the equivalent to one A Level.
How does this course link to other subjects?
Travel and Tourism would fit well with Business Studies, Drama, English, Geography, Languages, and Physical Education.
5 GCSEs at Grades 9-4 including English and Mathematics. GCSE Geography would be an advantage although not essential
Potential Career Opportunities:
In addition to the Travel and Tourism sector-specific content, the qualification will also allow you to develop transferable skills such as communicating and presenting ideas. These skills are highly regarded by Universities and employers.
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by Universities as contributing to meeting admission requirements for many courses, if taken alongside other qualifications. It combines well with a large number of subjects.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.