Public Services (Level 3) at Bishop Laney Sixth Form
This A level equivalent qualification specialises in focusing on the appropriate skills and understanding to pursue a career in a public service area. For anyone interested in a career in one of our public service forces, this would be well accompanied by Criminology.
- There are three mandatory units and three optional units to make up the course.
Across the range of units covered, some will be assessed from internal assignments, practical participation and delivery or external examination.
- Government Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- From a range of units, three units will be chosen which best suit the cohort and course delivery.
- Some of the units available are: Understanding Discipline, Physical Preparation, Expeditions, Crimes effect on Society, Major Incidences.
5 GCSE grades at grade 4-9, including English.
This qualification could lead to Higher Education Degree Courses, or support applications into a range of public service sectors, such as the police, army, fire service, council/local government or criminal justice.
This subject can be studied along side other subjects, as it is equivalnt to one A level.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.