ICT : Entry Level Functional Skills at WQE
This course lasts for a period of 1 year, where students gain practical knowledge of ICT. It is a good introduction to ICT for students with few prior qualifications.
There are three main learning outcomes:
• Using ICT – students will interact with and use ICT systems to meet given needs; store information; follow safety and security practices.
• Finding and selecting information – students will use simple searches to find information; select relevant information that matches requirements of given task.
• Developing, presenting and communicating information – students will enter and develop different types of information to meet given needs; bring together different types of information; use ICT-based communication.
How will I study?
Group work; individual learning; e-learning; teacher led; student led.
There are no formal entry requirements for Entry Level courses. Your level will be determined by an interview and written test.
Assessment is by an ‘on-demand’ controlled assessment task, taking 2 hours under controlled assessment conditions. The exam is set by the exam board and is internally assessed.
The course provides students with progression to L1 vocational qualifications, such as:
• Functional Skills in ICT Level 1
• Level 1 qualifications for IT Users
• Level 1 qualifications in Digital Applications for IT users
For further information please visit our website www.wqe.ac.uk or see our prospectus.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.