ICT : Level 1 Certificate in Employability at WQE
This is an introductory course in Employability (ICT). Learners will:
• Be provided with the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques including personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and obtaining work.
• Achieve a nationally recognised level 1 vocationally related qualification.
• Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications e.g. OCR level 2 qualifications.
Regular workshop support is provided along with individual support for students to develop their portfolio evidence.
Learning takes place through a variety of teaching methods e.g. tutor led sessions, role play and group work. Individual projects and assignments are produced involving the students own research and so students are expected to work on their own account.
A minimum of five GCSEs at Grade E/2 including English Language.
By portfolio assignment, which is sampled by the exam board’s external verifier. Homework and class activities are assessed throughout the course. This is a credit based qualification (QCF), completed through a number of portfolio units including:
• Investigating Rights and Responsibilities at Work
• Planning for progression
• Community Project
• Rights, responsibilities and citizenship
• Candidate project
• IT specific skills (e.g. digital design, use of software)
In addition, you will be able to do some additional work specific to ICT to prepare you for progression in this area.
The course includes a National Citizen Service programme, including a residential programme and social action project, which all learners are required to participate in.
Upon satisfactory completion of this course, students can progress to level 2 ICT, if they have also achieved at least grade D/3 in GCSE Mathematics.
For further information please visit our website www.wqe.ac.uk or see our prospectus
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.