Engineering - Level 3 (Extended Diploma) at College of West Anglia
If you are interested in pursuing a career in engineering, this course is for you, providing advanced study to enable you to progress into employment or further study.Some of the units you may study include:
- Health and safety
- Communications for engineering technicians
- Engineering project
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Engineering design
- Commercial aspects of engineering organisations
- Properties and applications of engineering materials
- Computer aided drafting
- Mechanical measurement and inspection techniques
- Fabrication processes and technology
- Welding technology
- Applications of computer numerical control in engineering
- Further mathematics for engineering technicians
- Setting and proving secondary processing machines
You will need:5 GCSEs A-C (4-9) including English (4 or above) and Maths (5 or above)If you are aged 19 or older, relevant industry experience may be accepted.You will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.
There will be a series project assignments and tests over the duration of the course.
Please see the college website for fee details
For further information, please visit the college website
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.