Level 2 Animal Care (Dog Grooming) Apprenticeship at ProCo NW Ltd
This apprenticeship covers the skills learners need to work in animal welfare, zoos, wildlife establishments, dog grooming centres, pet care and retail, animal training, animal wardens, or education and entertainment.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate plans for health and welfare of animals
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security of the workplace
- Plan the handling and restraint of animals
- Plan, supervise, and control the movements of animals
- Plan the accommodation of animals
- Monitor and evaluate the accomodation of animals
- Select animals for training
- Design individual training programmes for animals
- Implement individual training programmes for animals
- Evaluate and improve training programmes which enable animals to achieve specific objectives
- Employed in an animal establishment including: dog day care centre, dog groomers, pet shop, kennels.
- Level 1 animal care qualification, where possible
- Practical assessments
- Written assessments
After completing the level 2 apprenticeship, apprentices may wish to progress onto a level 3 apprenticeship.
Potential careers, after achieving this qualfication, include:
- Assistant dog groomer
- Horse groomer
- Kennel worker
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.