UAL Extended Diploma in Fashion & Textiles Level 3 Year 1 at Canterbury College
If your plan is to pursue a career in fashion design or a fashion related specialism, then this is the course for you.
Over the two years you will learn by completing projects and assignments using a broad range of techniques and materials. This course will give you an understanding of the fashion industry and design cycle, developing skills including trend research, fashion design, garment construction, illustration and fashion styling.
This advanced level course is designed to give you a broad base of knowledge and experience to prepare you for employment or progression to a higher level course.
This two-year course will give you the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress to degree-level Art & Design, into further education and training, or into employment.
You study units of work over the two years:
- Introduction to visual language in art and design
- Introduction to research skills in art and design
- Introduction to critical and contextual awareness in art and design
- Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills
- An integrated approach to 2D problem solving
- An integrated approach to 3D problem solving
- An integrated approach to time-based problem solving
- Developing an art and design project
- Art and design characteristics and context
- Preparation for progression in art and design
- Engaging with an audience in art and design
- Art and design proposal and realisation
The qualification awarded is the UAL Extended Diploma in Art & Design - Fashion Pathway.
You will gain:
- Practical 2D and 3D skills through research and design development
- Organisation skills, planning and time management
- Evaluative skills when reviewing personal work
- Self-motivation and working independently inside and outside of college
- Experience of team work to problem solve and be able to present ideas to others.
You will have opportunities to set up and take part in fashion shows and photo shoots, as well as visiting exhibitions to use as a source of inspiration.
A relevant full Level 2 qualification.
Through a programme of creative assignments, tutorials, group critical discussions and self-evaluation.
Some students may choose to progress to the UAL Level 3 or Level 4 Diploma in Foundation Studies in Art & Design. The final unit of this course is available at Level 4, helping students to progress into Higher Education.
Please note that for applications for the 19/20 academic year the EKC Group is using a new online system and you will be required to register and track your application using this system. You will receive an e-mail informing you of this and what to do next. You will be using the EKC Enterprise platform. Please go to https://www.ekcgroup.ac.uk/colleges/how-apply for further information about this process.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.