Professional Cookery Level 2 at Rotherham College
This course will develop your skills gained at Level 1 and will give you a broader understanding of the catering industry. This is an ideal course if you are looking to progress through the ranks as a chef. It is an exciting opportunity to prepare, cook, finish and present a wide range of dishes, pastry items. Prepare and cook food for the restaurant services.
- Develop your knowledge of industry standard procedures
- Learn how to use equipment and utensils
- Study areas including maintaining and handling knives, food hygiene in storage and preparation and the cooking of food
- How to: prepare and cook meat, poultry and fish dishes; bake cakes, sponges, scones and pastries, make sorbet and ice-creams; and make soups, stocks and sauces
- Due to the nature of the catering industry, some of this course will take place in the evening in the Wharncliffe Restaurant, on a split shift, cooking for parties and regular customers
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.