Performing Engineering Operations Main Qualification Level 1 Certificate at South Essex College
This course contains a mix of mechanical and electrical units. This will give you the skills and basic understanding of working in an engineering environment and open several options at the end of the course.
This course has a good progression route to Level 2 PEO engineering, welding or electrical installation to get you ready for apprenticeships and employment.
System ref: #2108
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Wiring electrical equipment and circuits
- Using manual metal arc welding equipment
- Assembling electronic circuits
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Maths and English
- GCSEs at grade two/grade E in maths and English
- Successful attendance at transition event
- Practical assessments
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
Successful candidates can progress to the following:
- Level 2 PEO engineering
- Welding Level 2
- Electrical installation Level 1/2
- Engineering Apprenticeship
- Welding Apprenticeship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.