Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma at South Essex College
This course will prepare you for a career in hairdressing and to develop and practise the skills required for employment or further study.
System ref: #53768
- working in hairdressing industry
- follow health and safety in the salon
- client consultation for hairdressing services
- shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- cut womenâ€™s hair
- colour hair and lighten hair
- perm and neutralise hair
- the art of dressing hair
- promote products and services to clients in a salon
- hairdressing design skills, create an image based theme
- maths and English
GCSEs at grade three/grade D in maths and English, or
Hairdressing Level 1 Diploma plus maths and English at level one, or equivalent
successful attendance at interview event
you will be required to purchase salon wear, equipment kit, textbooks and consumables
Through a range of practical assessment techniques, assignments and examinations. As this is a rigorous course of study you will be required to complete a large amount of work away from the College.
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
After successful completion of the course you will progress on to our Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing, or seek employment as an Apprentice junior in a salon, health farm, cruise ship or spa.
- perform hairdressing services on clients in the commercial salon
- visit trade shows
- undertake work experience - one practical session per week may have a 9.30pm finish time
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.