Foundation Diploma in Art and Design - Costume Pathway Level 4 Diploma at South Essex College
This course is designed to improve your creative skills and offers the opportunity to explore a range of materials and processes within art and design. After an initial period of diverse investigation you are able to focus on a specialist pathway in costume design. It is aimed at those seeking to progress to university or employment.
System ref: #55630
- costume design and construction
- textiles and printmaking
- costume in context
- digital media
- maths and English
Within these specialist areas you will also be able to develop skills in:
- drawing and illustration
- script analysis and character breakdown
- pattern cutting
- three GCSEs at grade four/grade C or above including maths, English and an art-related subject and one A-level or Art and Design Level 3 Extended Diploma, or
- five GCSEs at grade four/grade C or above, including maths, English and an art-related subject
- you will be asked to provide evidence of your ability in the subject which could be in the form of a portfolio
- successful attendance at interview event
Your work will be assessed through a mixture of practical tasks and supporting written material. Your progress will be supported by regular, ongoing feedback throughout the course.
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
Students primarily progress onto higher education at university or college, including our degree in Costume Construction, at the Royal Opera House Bob and Tamar Manoukian Costume Centre in Purfleet.
You will visit museums, galleries, design centres and universities and may have the opportunity to take part in an overseas study visit. There will be opportunities to participate in group exhibitions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.