Hairdressing Level 1 Diploma at South Essex College
This course will prepare you for a career in hairdressing and enable you to develop and practise the skills required for employment.
System ref: #35383
- professional image in a salon
- shampoo and conditioning
- styling men's and women's hair
- plaiting and twisting hair
- colour in the hair and beauty sector
- the art of dressing hair
- the art of colouring hair
- salon reception duties
- working with others
- maths and English
- demonstrate the ability to work at level one in maths and English in an assessment, or
- Hair and Beauty Sector Entry Level 3 Certificate plus maths and English at level one, or equivalent
- successful attendance at transition event
- you will be required to purchase salon wear, equipment kit, textbooks and consumables
Through a range of practical assessment techniques, assignments and examinations. As this is a rigorous course of study you will be required to complete a large amount of work away from the College.
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
After successful completion of the course you may progress to our Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing, or seek employment as an Apprentice junior in a salon, spa, health farm or cruise ship.
- perform hairdressing services on clients in the commercial salon
- visit trade shows
- undertake work experience
- one practical session per week may have a 9.30pm finish
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.