Legal Secretaries Level 3 Diploma at South Essex College
This course is particularly suitable for those students wishing to work in an administrative/secretarial position in a legal environment who would like to gain an internationally recognised qualification with the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
System ref: #55422
The course covers advanced legal word processing, office administration and business communication skills. The units include:
- working in the legal environment (year one)
- business skills in the legal environment (year two)
- legal text processing
- legal audio processing
- legal spreadsheet processing
- legal presentation techniques
- proofreading in the legal environment
- legal studies
You will also study a range of Microsoft Office skills. Functional skills/GCSE maths is offered to those without a grade C (4) in maths.
- four GCSEs at grade four/grade C or above, including English language, plus maths at grade three/grade D or above, or
- CILEX Level 2 Certificate in Text Production Skills plus maths and English at level one, or equivalent
- successful attendance at interview event
- assignments and proofreading tests
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
- seek employment work as a senior administrator or secretary
- higher education at university or college
- stationery: folders, dividers and memory stick (pens and pencils etc)
- dictionaries: legal and English
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.