Performing Arts (Acting) Level 3 Extended Diploma at South Essex College
This course will give you all you need to pursue a career in the performing arts as an actor, or as a stepping stone to drama school or university.
Completing this course will give you an Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Acting).
System ref: #2681
- historical context of performance
- the performing arts business
- physical theatre performance
- childrenâ€™s theatre performance
- acting auditions
- acting for lm and TV
- classical and contemporary theatre
- developing your voice
- scriptwriting skills
- maths and English
- four GCSEs at grade four/grade C or above, including maths and English, or
- Performing Arts (Acting) Level 2 Extended Certificate plus maths and English at grade four/grade C or above, or equivalent
- you will be asked to provide evidence of your ability in the subject which will be in the form of an audition
- rehearsals and performances
- portfolios, essays and presentations
- evaluations and group discussions
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
- higher education at university, college or conservatoire, including our HND Performance at University Centre Southend
See professional performances at a range of external venues as well as from visiting professionals. There will be opportunities to audition and participate in professional and cross-curricular productions and projects through links with University of Essex and other external stakeholders.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.