Art and Design (Graphic Design) Level 3 Extended Diploma at South Essex College
This course is designed to take you through a comprehensive range of different graphic design and multimedia techniques and disciplines either in preparation for study at a higher level or for future employment.
Completing this course will give you a UAL level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design (Graphic Design).
System ref: #10635
- graphics media, techniques and technology
- mixed media image making
- typefaces and letter forms
- typographic and layout design
- words and images in graphic design
- design for advertising
- graphics for 3D application
- website design
- graphic image making
- digital storytelling
- factual writing in art and design
- narrative image making
- specialist illustration using computer applications
- information graphics
- maths and English
- four GCSEs at grade four/grade C or above, including maths, English and an art-related subject, or
- Art and Design Level 2 Extended Certificate plus maths and English at grade four/grade C or above, or equivalent
- you will be asked to provide evidence of your ability in the subject which could be in the form of a portfolio
- successful attendance at interview event
- practical tasks and supporting written material
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
- Art and Design Level 4 Foundation Diploma
- higher education at university or college, including our BA (Hons) Graphic Design at University Centre Southend
- A portfolio of design work which will enable students to progress to university, work and apprenticeship placements
- Skill in traditional hand rendered design
- Skills in computer design work
- Regular visits and trips to London and elsewhere to museums, galleries and design shows.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.