Skills for Business and Administration Level 2 Certificate at South Essex College
The programme is built around supporting you to gain an insight into the different functions within a business environment. You will learn about a variety of functions such as; HR, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Retail and Enterprise operations.
You are required to attend College in professional business attire (Suits for males and office attire for women), this will enable you to have the mind-set of a young professional. It will also be beneficial for you to have a business idea which you will apply to all of the assignments that you will be completing as part of this course.
Examples of business ideas thought of from previous students include: wanting to set up their own magazine, wanting to set up an events management business, buying and selling stock, providing services such as graphic design, car washes or even photography.
What ideas will you have?
System ref: #2874
To achieve the Gateway qualification Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Business and Administration, all learners must achieve 39 credits.
Group M Units totalling 6 Credits:
- understanding business organisations
- effective communication in the workplace
Group 01 Units totalling 23 Credits:
- business meeting techniques
- working with people in organisations
- using ICT in the workplace
- creating business web-pages
- exploring entrepreneurship
- running an event
- understanding legislation and regulations in a customer service context
Group 02 Units totalling 10 Credits:
- leadership skills
- learning from work placement
- solving work-related problems
- time management
- assessing personal, learning and thinking skills.
- GCSEs at grade three/grade D or above in maths and English, or
- Level 1 Certificate in Business plus maths and English at level one, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview event
- displays, role plays, presentations or written assignments
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
- Access to Level 3 Progression Study Programme
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Business
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- with additional training you can progress to a career as a business administrator, administration team leader, office supervisor or personal assistant
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.