Public Services Level 2 Diploma at South Essex College
This is a full time, Intermediate Level 2 BTEC qualification in which you study a whole range of subjects that give you a great understanding of the Public Services. The Course is designed to give you a good underpinning knowledge of the public services and develop some essential skills that you will need in the future.
In addition to the main qualification you will study functional skills.
You will learn in a variety of ways, from traditional class activities and lessons to practical activities such as working in teams.
System ref: #1612
- working in public services
- career planning for public services
- basic first aid principles
- using ICT in the workplace
- crime and society
- planning own tness programme
- adventurous activities and teamwork for the public services
- carrying out a public services project
- working in a team
- volunteering in public services
- effective communication in the workplace
- interview skills
- maths and English
We expect all our public services students to wear a uniform when they attend College. The uniform consists of black trousers/skirt (not jeans) with black shoes and a golf shirt and/or fleece with a South Essex College logo. The golf shirt/fleece will be purchased via the College. As an alternative to the black trousers / skirt and black shoes you may choose to opt for smart black combat trousers and plain black trainers. Apart from pen and paper, you also will need clothing suitable for the fitness and sports units. Most students will experience a residential visit, so a sleeping bag, suitable walking and bad weather clothing will be expected.
- GCSEs at grade three/grade D in maths and English, or
- Public Services Level 1 Diploma plus maths and English at level one, or equivalent
- successful attendance at interview event
- portfolio of evidence
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
- Public Services Level 3 Extended Diploma
We are constantly looking at initiatives and qualifications to enrich the programme of study for our learners and in previous years have supplemented the programme of study with additional qualifications and activities such as Presentation and Public Speaking Skills and a range of community focused projects.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.