Creative Media Production (Print Media and Journalism) Level 3 Extended Diploma at South Essex College
The BTEC Level 3 Diplomas are suited to those who require both vocational and specialist skills in a range of areas. As part of this course you will develop a broad portfolio of print based media products which are all focused around project based assignments.
This will include producing newspaper or magazine articles and designs, learning new skills in traditional and digital printing techniques, alongside practical workshops in photography and video skills.
You will also develop an understanding of visual communication and design for web. This course aims to give you a taste of what it is like to work in the media industry and ensure that you are setup with the right skills base and portfolio to progress onto University or Emplyoment. This qualification needs strong written and presentation skills. You need to be creative, with the ability to visually and verbally communicate ideas in an interesting and original way.
System ref: #3904
- newspaper and magazine production
- article writing
- interview and presentation techniques
- website design
- digital image manipulation
- traditional print methods
- visual analysis
- maths and English
- four GCSEs at grade four/grade C or above, including maths and English, or
- Creative Digital Media Production Level 2 Extended Certificate plus maths and English at grade four/grade C or above, or equivalent
- you will be asked to provide evidence of your ability in the subject which could be in the form of a portfolio
- successful attendance at interview event
- practical tasks and supporting written material
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
- higher education at university or college, including our BA (Hons) Photography and BA (Hons) Graphic Design at University Centre Southend
As part of the course we run an exciting enrichment programme. You will have the opportunity to attend educational trips which have recently included London, Paris and Los Angeles. You will also get the opportunity to exhibit your work in the College gallery and local galleries & art venues around South Essex.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.