Business - BTEC First Extended Certificate in Business and Enterprise Level 2 at Kirklees College, Dewsbury Centre
Want to get down to business? Inspired by Richard Branson? Your career starts here! On this practical, work-related course, you will complete projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. You have to collect your own information and produce solutions that are relevant for the industry.
You will study the following 3 units:
- Enterprise in the Business World
- In this unit you will know how trends and the current business environment may impact on a business and plan an idea for a new business.
- Finance for Business
- In this unit you will understand the costs involved in business and how businesses make a profit.
- Principles of Marketing
- In this unit you will explore the role of marketing within businesses and consider how businesses use market research to make marketing decisions.
You will also study 8-9 optional units including:
- Promoting a Brand
- Principles of Customer Service
- Sales and Personal Selling
- Providing Business Support
- Using Business Documentation
- Building Successful Business Teams
- Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Business Online
- Visual Merchandising in Retail Business
If not yet achieved, English and maths are a compulsory part of the course.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades:
- English and maths at 3 or above, and
- 2 other GCSE’s grade D or above
- A minimum of four GCSEs grade D or above, including English language, or
- a level 1 qualification at pass or merit grade, including English and maths at level 1.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate successfully through a piece of free writing.
You will continually work towards your final grade by completing projects and assignments based on workplace scenarios.
With further training or study, you can progress into business related careers such as accounting, administration, customer service, finance, IT or sales.
For further information please contact email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.