Practical Animal Care ABC Level 2 Certificate at Leeds City College
This course allows you to develop practical animal care skills and is the perfect progression route if you have completed your level 1 qualification. This is a practical qualification where you will gain hands-on experience working with a variety of pet and farm animals. It teaches you essential industry knowledge and vocational skills that will help you progress into employment or our higher level animal care qualification.
During this course you will learn:
- How to promote and maintain the health and wellbeing of animals through a range of practical activities
- How to feed and water animals
- How to clean and maintain animal enclosures
- Select and prepare accommodation for animals
- Maintain animal accommodation
- Promote and maintain the health and wellbeing of animals
- Control and restrain animals
- Prepare feed for animals
- Provide feed and water for animals
- Make sure your actions reduce risks to health and safety
Alongside your level 2 qualification, you will study English, maths and employability skills.
Level 1 in Practical Animal Care Skills and made improvement in your GCSE resits (if applicable)
Four GCSEs, one at grade 4 in either English, maths or science and grade 3 in your remaining GCSEs
You will be assessed by practical and written assignments.
16-18 No Fees,
This course can lead to employment as:
a Pet Shop Assistant, Kennel/Cattery Worker, Dog Grooming Assistant and other related roles.
You could progress to higher level qualifications with the College; we offer a Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care.
Once you have completed your ABC Level 2 Certificate in Practical Animal Care, you could progress on to our ABC Level 3 in Small Animal Care Skills or go directly into employment.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.