Early Years Educator in Children's Learning and Development Apprenticeship Level 3 at Leeds City College
Move into a supervisory or key worker role in your workplace with this apprenticeship, supervising the provision of childcare and learning.
• Level 3 Diploma in Children's Learning and Development (Early Years Educator)
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT
• Level 2 Employment responsibilities and rights
• Develop effective and informed professional practice in early years settings
• Promote the health, safety and well-being of children in early years settings
• Plan and provide effective teaching and learning in early years settings
• Child protection and safeguarding diversity, equality and inclusion in early years settings
• Understand children’s early years education and development
You will have completed a Level 2 qualification in childcare or a related field. This could include the Children and Young People's Workforce Apprenticeship. You must also have at least one year childcare experience within a setting.
GCSE grade 4 (C) in English and Maths is preferable, if you do not have this you must have at least a Level 1 in Functional Skills in Maths and English and a successful initial assessment at college.
You will need to demonstrate that you are a responsible person with the skills and qualities needed to care for young children.
A wide range of assessment methods are used in the workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
Apprenticeship routes can change throughout the year, keep up to date online
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.