Edenhurst Preparatory School - Apprentice Childcare Practitioner L3 at Interserve Learning & Employment Sheffield
Edenhurst Prep School was established in 1961, when the Copestick family purchased ‘Edenhurst House’ and immediately began converting the residential property into suitable premises for a school.
After much expansion and extension, the Copestick family created a school boasting many excellent facilities, including a science lab, an art suite, a full Nursery complex, playing fields, tennis courts, and a kitchen of sufficient size to cater for rapidly increasing pupil numbers.
Today Edenhurst continues to evolve into a nurturing, family-orientated and academically excellent school, inspiring pride in staff and pupils alike.
********BASED IN NEWCASTLE********
Edenhurst continues to evolve into a nurturing, family-orientated and academically excellent school, inspiring pride in staff and pupils alike. We have decided to expand more and bring an apprentice on board to join our team! If you want to work in Early Years then this is the opportunity for you?
The main duty within this role is to promote the physical, social and emotional development of each child within your remit and contribute towards their care and supervision.
- To provide an interesting and stimulating environment for the children in a variety of ways
- To work under the Room Supervisor to achieve the aims and objectives of the Nursery
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in Edenhurst Nursery
- To give support to other personnel within Edenhurst Nursery
- To implement the daily routine in the Nursery
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good sense of humour
- Good team player
- Must have previous Level 2 Childcare qualification
- Must have GCSEs in maths and English or equivalent qualifications at a C/4 grade or above
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include;
- The opportunity of a permanent position within the business
Things to consider
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full DBS check.
Uniform will be provided for this role free of charge.
Training to be provided
- Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Edenhurst Preparatory School will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
- If successful, you will complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship programme delivered through Edenhurst Preparatory School dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
- Functional skills in English and maths if required
How to apply
To apply for the following role, please go through the following link https://www.getmyfirstjob.co.uk/discover/job/97072/1/childcare/newcastle-under-lyme/apprentice-nursery-assistant
For any other enquiries about the course and other courses we offer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0333 444 3973
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.