Welcome to Leeds Arts University
We are Yorkshire’s only specialist arts University based in the heart of Leeds. The University is an intensively creative environment, in which you will be challenged and become inventive and experimental. There is no better place for you to grow as an artist.
Our University has played a central role in art education for over 160 years; sculptors Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth studied with us in the 1920’s. Marcus Harvey, Turner Prize winner Damien Hirst and Leigh Francis from Bo Selecta were also students here. Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs used to be one of our tutors.
Leeds Arts University (formerly Leeds College of Art) is unique for a number of reasons
- We are a higher education institution offering a range of degree programmes as well as a couple of further education courses
- We are an intimate university dedicated solely to the arts
- We have expert staff, many of whom are actively involved in the creative industries
- We provide ample amounts of one-to-one tutorial time, which is really valued by our students
- We have first-class, industry standard facilities and equipment
- We appreciate and understand the needs and differences of artistic people
If you would like to get a feel for what it’s like to study here come to an open day. You will receive a talk from the course leader, meet some current students and have a tour of our excellent facilities and resources.
The University is divided into two main sites, Vernon Street off Millennium Square where all our further education programmes are taught, and Blenheim Walk in the university quarter where our higher education programmes.
We have two excellent libraries stocked with relevant and up-to-date art publications and literature, in addition to 45 specialist workshops, ranging from jewellery making, digital print, dark rooms and Mac suites, all of which are equipped with industry standard equipment. We invest in the latest up-to-date technology, which means you’ll be able to produce work of the highest quality that meets or exceeds the demands of industry.
Here at university high-quality support is always on hand. We aim to look after your wellbeing so you can achieve the most during your time with us. Our Student Advice Team will be pleased to help you with any of the following issues.
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Leeds Arts University through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.